As for Thailand, we also have a significant elderly population in the country. The industry must adjust in terms of the medical field, appliances, and various other aspects to accommodate the needs of the elderly or open the market to attract new target groups that will become the main focus in the future.
For this reason, IoT (Internet of Things) technology, famous for facilitating convenience in every aspect of life, has turned its attention to the elderly and launched numerous health tech innovations that aim to help them achieve a better lifestyle, truly addressing everyone’s long-term health needs.
Why is there a need for IoT for elderly care?
Using Internet of Things (IoT) technology for elderly care is an approach that has the potential to increase the quality of life and safety of the elderly. Examples of IoT uses in this area include:
- Health and medical data monitoring: IoT devices that can measure health parameters such as blood pressure monitors, thermometers, or movement sensors. Can provide important medical information For friendly and efficient care for the elderly
- Safety monitoring systems: Mostly, IoT has the ability to detect accidents or natural disasters that may occur in a home. This makes it possible to quickly become aware of events and provide notifications or responses.
- Location Tracking: IoT can be used to track the location of elderly people. For safety and proper care, for example when it is necessary to know where an elderly person is in an emergency.
- Medication Reminders and Health Care: IoT systems can provide reminders or reminders for important medications, medical appointments, or other health activities.
- Affordability and Convenience: The use of IoT can make caring for the elderly possible without complicated mobility. and reduce the effort required to provide care.
- Create a safe environment: IoT systems can help control the home environment, such as thermostats, smoke detection, or automatic switching on and off. To create a safe environment.
Using IoT for elderly care helps to provide efficient and friendly care for the elderly, while increasing their quality of life in a full and safe manner.
4 IoT tools that can be used in Thailand
Until today, IoT devices have been created to address many health problems. Both familiar faces and which are rarely seen in our country which the main equipment Everything that helps make the lifestyle of the elderly more comfortable is good.
1.Home Device : It is various devices in the home, including light bulbs, doors, fans, kettles, everything that can be connected to the Smart Home Cloud. It will be able to receive commands from the user via smartphone or voice immediately. Greatly reduces the problem of walking and falling in the elderly.
2.Wearable Application : Wearable devices that can indicate the status of physical health through the screen and report accurate results like a smartwatch.
3.Mobile Application : Many applications are designed especially for the elderly. And some of them must be used in conjunction with other IoT hardware as well.
4.Third Party : It is a central platform that will be used to help care especially for the elderly. It is designed to be used to directly facilitate the elderly.