Introducing the Intelligent Garment System (I.G.S.), a Production Management Program for Finished Garments. As the production of finished garments involves various departments that deal with different types of data, from the product details and specifications requested by customers, to the procurement of fabrics and accessories, coordination between departments, manufacturing, inventory management, and documentation related to shipping and exporting, it is essential to maintain a centralized and standardized database that can be accessed quickly and accurately at all times. This will help reduce errors that may occur at any stage of the production process.
Moreover, the system provides an accurate and efficient piece-rate calculation for labor costs through the use of barcode or RFID technology when integrated with the centralized database. This enables managers to analyze data deeply for each job, resulting in a faster and more accurate computation of labor costs.
The I.G.S. will help streamline the production process and enhance accuracy and efficiency in managing garment production, from receiving orders to final delivery.
- Supports team work by separating work periods
- Opens production orders, checks production status quickly
- Controls raw material intake and distribution to see clear production costs
- SAM Report system can issue delivery notes, invoices, and bills
- Uses barcode system to calculate labor costs and control production
- Opens production orders (Production Request) from the system with product details, bill of materials (B.O.M.), sewing and delivery dates
- Can copy and modify previous production order details for new production orders, in case of repeating work
- Approval system for production orders to lock the details from being changed, with permission settings and record of modifications for using the latest order
- Links to the purchasing system, opens purchase orders, imports raw materials, and warns when stock is running low
- Prints tag coupons from the system to indicate which bundle belongs to which production order and which part
- Prints barcode coupons from the system to calculate individual worker’s piece-rate wages
- Supports teamwork with customizable team settings (add/remove team members), and sets team work periods as shifts
- Calculates wages per piece, contract work through barcode scanning, enabling quick and accurate calculation
- Prints employee wage notifications for each worker immediately after calculating salaries (on regular A4 paper)
- Can work in conjunction with a Time Attendance System to verify and confirm the correct number of team members
Setting details of materials
- Set details of the materials by categorizing them into 3 main types: cutting, stitching, and decorating. The system allows you to browse images of the materials for future use. The material can be identified using a code name or a name of your choice. You can also add the store where you purchased it and their contact number into the database.
- The system can automatically generate codes for the materials. You can also name the materials according to your preference and relate them to the BOM system of your accounting.
- The material can be named according to your preference. You can quickly and easily create a copy of the material and rename it. Additional information about the material, such as type, color, size, and unit can also be added.
- The name of the customer can be linked to the material. The material can be separated into waste parts for convenient search and usage.
- You can add information about the supplier and their contact person, as well as details about the contact number and item purchased. You can set a minimum order quantity for the material, and the system will notify you when the material is close to the minimum limit.
- The system is designed to allow users to configure the work process and the labor cost for each step. This configuration can be used as a general template or can be customized for specific customers or jobs. The system records the details in the database and can be used anytime.
- You can name the work process according to your preference.
- The system is designed to allow the creation of purchase orders, which are separated into two main groups: fabric (main raw materials) and accessories. The system can retrieve Supplier database and create purchase orders with a fast and efficient item search. Purchase orders are referenced by production order numbers and customer names, and can be printed as a file or on paper for delivery to Suppliers. These purchase orders are also used as references for incoming stock management.
- All purchase orders can be quickly and easily searched and viewed, and can be filtered by month, year, Supplier name, production order number, or Purchase Request number. Specific purchase orders can also be easily accessed by their unique reference number. The system allows for rapid and easy search of item codes and names, and automatically filters the relevant items based on the user’s search query.
- A comments section is provided for each purchase order item, and the system can consolidate multiple purchase orders for the same raw materials into a single order. The name and approval of the person opening each purchase order must be provided, and the system can be configured to include or exclude VAT for each order.
- The system can be configured to provide advance warning of incoming stock by a user-defined number of days, and can also send reminders at a user-defined interval. Discounts can be applied to purchase orders as a monetary value, and purchase orders can be printed in either PDF format or on A4 paper for immediate delivery to Suppliers. The system can also generate PO numbers for the orders automatically.
- You can refer to the information on the purchase order by simply searching for the purchase order number. All the information will appear for receiving the goods without the need to enter duplicate information. It is possible to receive some of the items and leave some of them for future receiving for each purchase order. In case all goods are received, you can mark the shipment as complete to avoid confusion with the purchase order.
- It is possible to reserve products in the stock before issuing them.
Receiving and Issuing Products
- Receiving and issuing products have been designed to be user-friendly, and only the correct items can be selected.
- The production order is the main document of the program. It is a document that gathers all the data related to the production of each batch together in the same format. The production order number and the details of the job process and item will be used and mixed with the amount recorded from the cutting table.
- When the fabric arrives at the factory, the cutting table can cut the fabric according to the production order and record the details of each cutting job for each table and each lot to enter into the system. The cutter can print the summary and the details of the cutting for proof easily.
- Regarding the input of cutting details, the system supports three input formats: cutting details by size ratio (e.g., S-M-L-XL in ratio 2-4-4-2), cutting details by the pattern, or the system can multiply the number of fabric layers of each lot to obtain the total amount of cutting.
Barcode System or RFID
- Barcode or RFID coupons are one of the key components of the system. The set of numerical data combined comes from the production order number, workpieces (size, side, color), piece rate, as well as data on cutting from the cutting table, combined. This makes each set of numbers unique and impossible to repeat.
- These coupons or RFID tags are given to employees who are in charge of each workpiece. The barcode will specify the labor cost that the employee will receive once they have completed the sewing of the workpiece.
- The program itself will have a user-friendly interface for receiving barcode or RFID data. Simply select the employee’s name, or choose it based on the spelling of their name, or their employee code, and then scan the barcode or receive the RFID data as the employee produces them. Each coupon, once scanned, will automatically show the amount of money earned, which is the piece rate multiplied by the number of pieces in the bundle. Each coupon or RFID tag cannot be reused.
Production Cost Summary Report
- The Production Cost Summary Report shows the actual production costs for each production order. It summarizes the direct labor and all the equipment (direct materials) used in that production.
- Another important part of the program is line balancing, which is located under the SAM report. In this report, basic data can be entered regarding the number of operators per production line, the amount of working time (in minutes), and the factory cost (in minutes) compared to the number of workpieces produced. This helps to achieve optimal productivity by ensuring that the production line is balanced and that the work is divided equally among the operators.